Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Brain words

I must have been overwhelmed by the opulence of the James Hotel when I agreed to write this week's entry (yes, we are supposed to have weekly entries...) Caitlin, our manager, said that we needed to start taking more responsibility in the band, because she's been working so hard for us that she's barely had time to take care of her dog, Jaeger. She just pours a few weeks' worth of dog food in the middle of her living room.

To intimidate us into accepting our responsibilities, she reserved a table at a hoity-toity downtown hotel. I walked in (half an hour late, as usual, and under-dressed; I felt like a commoner) to see Pat wearing a smoking jacket and cravat, speaking in a lowland accent. Molly was sipping a pomegranate mintini, and Jeff was reading a copy of Faulkner's Sound and the Fury.

The first 15 minutes of the meeting was spent trying to get Kyle to shut up. We decided that since he has no computer or sense of deadlines, he should handle all the online postings about our gigs. I volunteered for the blog, thinking this was going to be the easiest job. But, it is turning out to be more difficult than I had ever imagined. It is so hard to make brain words right now. I'm writing one letter at a time.

(That last paragraph caused me excruciating pain and took over three hours to write. And afterwards I had to go to the hospital - brain explosion.... Anyhow, I'm much better now, thanks to my record-breakingly thick skull)

Before I end this, I just wanted to give you something to think about: the Moon... For or Against?

5 comments:

  1. do we live in the moon? there's a lotta kids up on the moon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. o, and to set the record straight, it was a ginger infused vodka shaken with sake and poured tableside over kyuri (cucumber) in a martini glass and it was delicious, commoner.

    ReplyDelete